Wednesday 30 May 2012

Reactions to our Sharing Session

-->
When we did our sharing session, we discussed using DI in the classroom and asked our colleagues some questions about using DI.  After we were done demonstrating the DI strategies we used in the TLLP, we also asked a few questions.  Here are the answers:
 
Reactions and comments from the discussion and exit cards used in our sharing session with colleagues

What barriers do you have when trying to use DI in the classroom?

   The barriers we encountered was [sic] lack of time to complete a lot of these activities
   Many explanations needed if students missing the day assignment given
   Some DI assignments need exemplars to demonstrate (not possible if its your 1st time assignment)
   Marking varied choices fairly seems difficult
   In an Applied class all students pick the same DI as their classmate and/or the only want to do one activity over and over
   Too noisy
   Took too long
   Too much time to prepare

Reactions to the TLLP DI structures and strategies shared

What did you like and what will you try?

  • I liked the Auditory Version/ Garage Band - only difficulty: Need at least 2 computers and a Mike
  • I will use it for Othello
  • I'll for sure use the masks, letters and pockets for an Applied and Academic class. I'll be a challenge for me the technology but I could try
  • I liked that the students move around.  It incorporates reading, writing, technology and watching.  The gift basket. I will use this for my Romeo &Juliet or drama unit.
  • I really liked the strategy used.  All activities can be done as movable centres or individual options. 
  • Some good ideas were presented.  Some ideas can be adapted.
  • I liked the speaker assignment poster, how you covered all types of learners so everyone could struggle and do well, all projects could be used on a multiple-purpose or multi-topic basis on units

What challenges to you foresee?

  • The teachers expressed these worries:
  • Expensive
  • Time consuming
  • Might be difficult to do with large groups
  • Noise issues could be a problem
  • The only obstacle I see in implementing these strategies is the expense from year to year
  • Technology never runs smoothly for me so I know that it will take so much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment